Got my freestyle sensors this morning.

knackered

So, I have got the device (new Galaxy s6 android phone) I downloaded the app, and now the sensors have arrived.

Well, downloading the app was easy, but I can only see the 'How to apply the sensor' instructions so far and am hoping that when I first connect the 'phone app' to the sensor it will open another set of stuff/functions that comes as standard with the dedicated reader that Abbot sell.

IF I AM WRONG ABOUT THIS PLEASE TELL ME.

I started by shaving the area of the back of my left upper arm that I attached the sensor to (just in case) and then just followed the instructions. The sensor is bigger than I thought it would be and the plastic bits it came in seemed hi tech, intricate,very high quality and a shame to simply throw away. I was surprised at the size of the needle that the sensor has but I have to say I did not feel a thing when I attached it.

I will wait twenty four hours before I activate the sensor via the phone app as per the general advice on here and will report how that pans out ( I bet its a stress fest for me ), I am a balls up magnet for this kind of thing and pretty much worn out with learning curves. I bet I miss some crucial bit of knowledge hidden within the instructions.

Any suggestions, questions, corrections, advice or warnings most welcome before I start the sensor tomorrow, I will post anything I think may help others with regards to how my experience goes from now on.

Steve.

knackered

Well, after proving what a plonker I am for not understanding the Libra Link app screen and finding the little three horizontal bars at the top left of the screen plus the three vertical dots at the top right I faffed around and got started with my first scan and checked that with my Aviva nano. The first ( and fasting) scan was Libra 11.4 nano 10.6.

Had brunch and the Libra read 10.8 then after an hour went to 13.5.

Then after an hours walking at a moderate pace went down to 7.1.

This went down further to 5.7 after 29 mins but back up to 11.0 at 90 mins later after three 500ml cans of Heineken.

I already love with this thing, and will definitely recommend it, having seen what it can tell me, its just what I have been looking for.
I just hope my bonce isn't too far gone to make the most of it:)