Got results back!

aaron_mky

Hey all

Great news my mum got her blood test back and her sugar level has dropped from 78 to 53, from beginning of December last year. She has been on a strict diet, by high protein and low carb and regulary monitoring her sugar level to keep it within normal levels

However her cholesterol level has jumped up from 4.7 to 5.5 but that's because she's been eating bacon and sausage pretty much every single pay for breakfast and maybe a few treats durng the Christmas time. But the doctor says It is just above normal levels.

Originally the plan was to get my mum off glicazide, However nurse advised my mum to reduce her glicazide by half, and if she continually monitor her sugar level and feels that it is still low than my mum is free to omit it completely and stick to metformin only.

Either way it is great news and I want to thank you all for your help. I just hope my mum will continue to stick to it and followed through, as now she has to reduce her carbs even more to keep her sugar level low, which she is struggling at the moment lol. Hopefully she will easily lose more weight and improve the performance of her pancreas

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
However her cholesterol level has jumped up from 4.7 to 5.5 but that's because s
Well done, mother of Aaron! Losing weight can make cholesterol go up temporarily as well, so it might go down again when she's more stable, weight wise.