GP Nurse Rationing test strips for me type 2 to one cassete of 50 per year only.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
just out of interest.... how much do you have to pay for test strips in UK? I notice also you say you need scripts for them. Here in Australia they are subsidised by a government National Diabetes Service Scheme (NDSS). So when I buy test strips 100 pack it costs me $16 when I present my NDSS card instead of $50 or so. I don't need a script for them. I get free needles, I have to fully pay for lancets and sharps containers. There is a limit on the subsidy per person... if you exceed you pay a lot more. But to date I've never exceeded the limit.

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As T2 I know what my BG will be after a meal. My guess is usually very close ..I use ca. 100 strips yearly .?

BTW. We pay for it .£ 50.-

kentish maid

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who tell me I don't need to test my blood
I also buy my strips I use about 100 a year I buy mine from Abbots they cost me £31.

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello to all, yes it is still a big question about getting supplied with the testing strips, and the variance all over the country is staggering.
I have been fortunate to be given the full kit, meter, strips and lancets from the word go, I am on my 3rd meter. To self fund is expensive and would be very draining on the financial resources, I could not afford to self fund, no matter how I tried to work my funds out. I agree there is a tremendous difference in prices, and why this is beyond me, and why does the nhs allow this.

They buy generic drugs to keep costs down, so why not have a set number of kits and keep the prices down?. We will be scratching our heads for a long time thinking about this one,,,,,
Well I will say, ttfn from Karen,,,