GP repeat blood test

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi guys i recently had blood test done as i have been having wierd health problems reguarding my body not dumping glucose when i have no basal in my system and and other issues. so my doctor made me do a blood test to check thyroid kidneys fbc liver function test so i go letter from doc saying they want to repeat my blood test. is this normal for doc to ask for repeat blood test?.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
hi guys i recently had blood test done as i have been having wierd health problems reguarding my body not dumping glucose when i have no basal in my system and and other issues. so my doctor made me do a blood test to check thyroid kidneys fbc liver function test so i go letter from doc saying they want to repeat my blood test. is this normal for doc to ask for repeat blood test?.
It happens. It can't be too serious since they notified you by post. Do you have online access to your test results? It might be worthwhile to review the first set of results.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Static - Whilst I'd be irritated by it, I wouldn't be overly concerned. It could be anything from not enough blood in the first sample, a peculiar reading, which they want to verify or clarify, the sample sat too long between collection and testing, making it unreliable at best, they lost the sample, so need to redo it to do it, to somebody dropped it and the vial smashed.

See what I mean?

Presumably you'll need to call to arrange the test or pick up the papers, so you could always ask for clarification then.

As NoCrbs4Me suggests, if you have access to your results, there could be some clues there.

Reactions: EllieM

Timostags

Yep I had to go and get my hba1c redone last time

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Static - Whilst I'd be irritated by it, I wouldn't be overly concerned. It could be anything from not enough blood in the first sample, a peculiar reading, which they want to verify or clarify, the sample sat too long between collection and testing, making it unreliable at best, they lost the sample, so need to redo it to do it, to somebody dropped it and the vial smashed.

See what I mean?

Presumably you'll need to call to arrange the test or pick up the papers, so you could always ask for clarification then.

As NoCrbs4Me suggests, if you have access to your results, there could be some clues there.
I had this happen a number of times. If my blood sat too long before testing it would show a high level of potassium. Now I have to remind my GP's surgery that my blood needs 'spinning' after being taken.