Gram flour - how many carbs in 100g

Saur

Hi all,
I am really struggling to give up Chapati. I thought that the wholemeal was better on the low carb diet. I also changed to brown rice. Now I find that neither Are good for you.

As the Gram flour is made from chickpeas, is that low on carbs? What can be the alternative for me?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
I am really struggling to give up Chapati. I thought that the wholemeal was better on the low carb diet. I also changed to brown rice. Now I find that neither Are good for you.

As the Gram flour is made from chickpeas, is that low on carbs? What can be the alternative for me?
According to google, it's 58g per 100g. I guess if you were to make them yourself, divide the portions up and depending how big the chapatis are - you can try it and test your blood glucose and see how it is.
https://www.lchf-rd.com/2018/04/30/low-carb-roti-indian-flatbread/ there's also this recipe with alternative ingredients

Reactions: Antje77

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks delicious. Wouldn’t it be nice if these flats are readily available in the supermarkets?
They are quick and easy to make, the only tricky bit is rolling them out thin enough.

TrevorFisher

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I have found some cracker made by rude health, they are made with chickpea and lentil. I have been checking and I do not believe they made my bg rise.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi all,

Hi, this may help.

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web

upload_2019-9-6_13-15-38.jpeg
One cup (92 grams) of chickpea flour contains ( 1 ):
1. Rich in vitamins and minerals
  • Calories: 356.
  • Protein: 20 grams.
  • Fat: 6 grams.
  • Carbs: 53 grams.
  • Fiber: 10 grams.
  • Thiamine: 30% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
  • Folate: 101% of the RDI.
  • Iron: 25% of the RDI.

M

Member496333

A lot. Gram for gram most flours probably contain more glucose than table sugar does (more than 50%). In some respects you're probably better off eating sherbet :shifty: