Great Article In Sunday Times Today

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
"Swap the sweet nothings for nature's healthiest option- fat, glorious day"...

...so goes the heading of [email protected],page 24 Sunday Times, 29 May 2016.

Lawson attempts to find balance in the furore ignited by the National Obesity Forum and the Public Health Collaboration.

Have you read it?

Did he hit or miss the mark?

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"Swap the sweet nothings for nature's healthiest option- fat, glorious day"...

...so goes the heading of [email protected],page 24 Sunday Times, 29 May 2016.

Lawson attempts to find balance in the furore ignited by the National Obesity Forum and the Public Health Collaboration.

Not sure he'll love you for putting his e-mail address there Kevin.. We can't read it as its behind the Murdoch paywall.. sorry.

Reactions: 4 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not sure he'll love you for putting his e-mail address there Kevin.. We can't read it as its behind the Murdoch paywall.. sorry.

That will teach him not to publish it as a footer to his article, so he's fair game.

As you can imagine, yours truly has emailed him at length. :)

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I read that article too, Kevin. One of the excellent "sound bites" in it was:

"Fat tastes good because it is good for us — that is evolution at work".

He probably has a point.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Kind of blows that sound bite if you put 'Doughnuts' where 'Fat' is in that sentence.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

He probably has a point.

He does. Actually he responded persona

T to my email...albeit just to say thanks for contacting him and reading his article with a congrats on my own turn around using LCHF. Respect to him for taking the time to reply.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

S

Sean01

He probably has a point.
Fat tastes good because the fat molecules are the ones that contain the flavour. We evolved because we survived on a high calorie diet. Those that didn't eat fat or couldn't metabolise it - died out, fat first, people came second.

Reactions: 4 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Ok so, I don't have very sophisticated first thing in the morning reading tastes, but - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rolling-condition-diet-low-carbohydrates.html - today's daily mail article directly focuses on the success of the low carb advice on this forum. It's not got any comments yet though...
I love it that they've managed to confuse diabetes.co.uk and diabetes.org.uk in relation to Arjun (@Administrator) in the article...

I've also never injected with a pen at an angle like the image shows, using it like a syringe rather than perpendicular...

Last edited by a moderator:

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Times is also carrying the story of the rebelious lot on diabetes.co.uk following LCHF

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I can't believe it. I wrote to the author of this article and the editor of the ST contacted me yesterday to say they wanted to reproduce my response this Sunday. I gave permission, so it will be interesting to see if they abridge or edit it, which I am told is a possibility. I'll find it and provide a link so you folks can critique it and tell me what a foolish man I was even contemplating authorising reproduction :)

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't believe it. I wrote to the author of this article and the editor of the ST contacted me yesterday to say they wanted to reproduce my response this Sunday. I gave permission, so it will be interesting to see if they abridge or edit it, which I am told is a possibility. I'll find it and provide a link so you folks can critique it and tell me what a foolish man I was even contemplating authorising reproduction :)

We usually buy the ST but the village shop had run out last Sunday so had to settle for The Observer. I'll definitely be buying it this Sunday to read you though @KevinPotts .

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Fantastic! It's so great that you took the initiative in responding (respect) and go on them for building on it next week.

I do hope that this is all positive for the LCHF revolution

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fantastic! It's so great that you took the initiative in responding (respect) and go on them for building on it next week.

I do hope that this is all positive for the LCHF revolution

So do I:) I do think we are inching forward!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We usually buy the ST but the village shop had run out last Sunday so had to settle for The Observer. I'll definitely be buying it this Sunday to read you though @KevinPotts .

Well I hope you like what ever they've done via the editing. Ah well...whatever... We just need to keep nudging it all forward as positively as we can:)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Here it is. They've just put in the first part and end,but it captures the sentiment. :)
cc134ef7c6e034e3b7b79e1254f903a2.jpg

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

2/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, 11st 11lbs, waist 30" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

4/6/16: Best BP 112/64....yeah!!

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks good.

Mind you, I also have to agree with Jack below you, whisky and doughnuts, can't go wrong by that principle. ;)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here it is. They've just put in the first part and end,but it captures the sentiment. :)
cc134ef7c6e034e3b7b79e1254f903a2.jpg

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

2/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, 11st 11lbs, waist 30" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

Kevin - I'm an online Times subscriber. What's the header where your comments are published? I'd like to read yours and others a little more comfortably. Thanks!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Kevin - I'm an online Times subscriber. What's the header where your comments are published? I'd like to read yours and others a little more comfortably. Thanks!

It's in the letters to the editor., page 22 News:

Significantly abridged i'm afraid by about 75%...just wanted the thanks and my perineal results without the rationale re the NOF and PHC....ah well onwards and upwards :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks. I can't work out how to get to the Letters area online, so I just enlarged your image on here to read it.

Well done for having your say.