Great HBA1C results

sportyboston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I have been diagnosed Type 1 for four months. I am on Novorapid and Lantus and with a low carb diet they are working very well. My initial HBA1C was 14% it is now down to 6.4%, my doctor is very happy and so am I. A good friend of mine (perhaps not especially cognisant with diabetes) said now you can eat what you like. I don't think so. What I am doing is working so I am gong to keep doing it, especially over Christmas. I am a teacher and I get a lot of chocolates at the end of the year. My family are ecstatic with anticipation of all the treats they are going to get. They have already demolished rum balls, apricot balls and white Christmas. I wish all my fellow community members a happy and safe Christmas.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done!
Now I want rum balls. Only to nudge up my bg a bit of course!

localshop

Hi all, I have been diagnosed Type 1 for four months. I am on Novorapid and Lantus and with a low carb diet they are working very well. My initial HBA1C was 14% it is now down to 6.4%, my doctor is very happy and so am I. A good friend of mine (perhaps not especially cognisant with diabetes) said now you can eat what you like. I don't think so. What I am doing is working so I am gong to keep doing it, especially over Christmas. I am a teacher and I get a lot of chocolates at the end of the year. My family are ecstatic with anticipation of all the treats they are going to get. They have already demolished rum balls, apricot balls and white Christmas. I wish all my fellow community members a happy and safe Christmas.

there seems to be a few ways of measuring it as mine is 38?! How does that convert to % please?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
there seems to be a few ways of measuring it as mine is 38?! How does that convert to % please?
You can use this converter on the main website: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-units-converter.html, or look up a table for it on the internet, like this one:
new-hb-a1c-numbers-presentation-21-728.jpg

Reactions: localshop