Great presentation of The Kraft Test & related patterns

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.townsendletter.com/Jan2015/early0115.html

I've seen the short form PDF of the Kraft test before but the above lays it out much clearer.
Kraft identified this pattern as a normal healthy metabolic response to the 75g OGTT.

Pattern I
Fig%204PatternI.jpg

As you work your way down through the patterns more disfunction is displayed.
My own OGTT closely resembled this.

Pattern III-A
Fig%206PatternIII-Ajpg.jpg

Pattern IV is the most interesting, it displays a completely normal glucose profile masked by massive levels of insulin.
I believe many non-diabetic members of the general public would fall under this profile.

Pattern IV
Fig%208PatternIV.jpg

The takeaway is that hyper insulin is the precursor to hyper glucose, would could detect disfunction decades in advance of full blown T2 but we test for the wrong thing.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The article is over 7 years old now. If "they" haven't learned by now, when will "they" ?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
https://www.townsendletter.com/Jan2015/early0115.html

I've seen the short form PDF of the Kraft test before but the above lays it out much clearer.
Kraft identified this pattern as a normal healthy metabolic response to the 75g OGTT.

Pattern I
Fig%204PatternI.jpg

As you work your way down through the patterns more disfunction is displayed.
My own OGTT closely resembled this.

Pattern III-A
Fig%206PatternIII-Ajpg.jpg

Pattern IV is the most interesting, it displays a completely normal glucose profile masked by massive levels of insulin.
I believe many non-diabetic members of the general public would fall under this profile.

Pattern IV
Fig%208PatternIV.jpg

The takeaway is that hyper insulin is the precursor to hyper glucose, would could detect disfunction decades in advance of full blown T2 but we test for the wrong thing.
Thank you!
You may be interested in the discussion here too:
A takeaway is that Gabor is trying to make an accessible device for measuring insulin.
The example patient had long standing diabetes with low insulin levels and had to go to OMAD plus metformin to get into range again.