Greetings

morradichi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People with a talent for bullsh1t
Yeah, it's a big adjustment but already I'm finding out that my main weakness was sugar in tea & coffee. Getting used to the taste wihtout any sweetening of the drink is my problem. A cuppa tae just doesn't taste the same anymore ;-) On the plus side, my BG went into singles figures last night for the very first time and was lower again this morning. I'm just 2 points off reaching my morning target already - down from hovering around the low 20's in the evenings 2 weeks ago. So I'm well on my way now.

Reactions: 4 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for that, I'll be spending some quality time in here later and for the next few days ;)

Careful, you'll get addicted! :D I've been here just over 2 months and apart from teaching me about lchf and helping me sort out my BG I'm spending more time here than facebook these day!
I saw it as a challenge too, after a scare in january, and it definitely helps to have a positive attitude, even though you may have the odd setback ;)

You say the lactofree milk has more sugars than normal milk? I've changed from ordinary milk 9.6 carbs per 200ml to Lactofree 6g carbs per 200ml. What milk were/are you using?

Reactions: 2 people

morradichi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People with a talent for bullsh1t
I can't remember the brand, but it's the UHT semi skimmed milk from Lidl. I think it originates in Spain. I checked it and it has over 14% sugar.

Tm6t7

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Xylitol is quite a nice sugar replacement, it's not got the nasty aftertaste of chemical sweeteners, but too much can be a bit much for some people's digestive system :)

plonkish_

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Try full fat cream in your coffee and you may not miss the sugar as much. It may also satisfy munchie cravings (it works for me!)

I'm similar to you, I think I drifted into bad habits with my diet and this is a kick up the bum to sort myself out. I was only diagnosed a few months ago but the change in my diet has given me new energy (as well as losing weight and getting my BG down of course! )

Daks is right, turn it into a positive :)