Groin Injury and high sugars?

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For the last couple of weeks I have been trying to do a bit of running, nothing much just following the NHS Couch to 5K podcasts. It was amazing the difference a little bit of exercise was having to my BG readings.
Yesterday when I was out on the first run of week 3 disaster struck and I ended up with a bad Groin Injury. I think becuase I was running on pavements, the uneven ground at driveways has meant I have twisted causing the injury.
My main question is, when you get an injury how long do you see increased BG for?
I had a horrific day of reading yesterday anytime I tried to move around. I spoke to one of my DSNs and she agreed it could be the injury. I ended up on a 200% basal on my pump. This was bringing it under control but then when I was resting overnight, I had a 2.7 at 4am.
Probably should have reduced the increased basal before bedtime, definitely not going to be making that mistake again.
After my new found regime of 3 runs/walks a week, I think this is now going to be on the back burner for a few weeks :arghh: