1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

GTT test

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by harpo14, Jan 15, 2018.

1. harpo14

harpo14 Gestational · Newbie

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes in the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy. I have received my appointment to do the GTT test again 6 weeks after the birth of my baby.

Almost everywhere I've read about this test being done not in pregnancy talks about what the results should be after the 2 hour mark. But the description of the test on my appointment states that they will do the blood draws every half hour for 2 hours after drinking that disgusting drink. I cannot see any information online for this test done half hourly.

So my question is, what should the results be for each half hour after drinking that? I know that if they're going to diagnose me they will - but I would like some idea of what to expect!

Thanks

2. Bluebell_GB

Bluebell_GB Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I did a lot of research on this when I had my GTT. The only information I could find was that at the 2 hour point normal was 7.8 or under, impaired was 7.9 to 11 and diabetic was over 11.

My results are below (I tested myself every 15 mins as the nurse was only going to test at the start and 2 hour point). As you can see - a spectacular fail! However, don't despair if you get this sort of result. My HbA1c test last Friday came back today at 30 which is well within the normal range. This was achieved by a mixture of LCHF, weight loss and IF. Not easy but I am determined to enjoy my retirement without diabetic complications.

Regards

Bluebell

upload_2018-1-17_16-23-53.png

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook