Guardian 3 sensor spikes at night

DTay9999

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It’s not a massive spike or for terribly long by the looks of it.. I have read before that paracetamol can do this to some cgm think Dexcom does the same but I use ibuprofen instead of paracetamol

Could you not just raise the alert level slightly for high readings?
Yes I could raise the alert level, although the example I posted was fairly modest, others have gone much higher. A potential problem is that when the alert wakes you up and you see your SG is high, you might be tempted to give a quick correction, only to go hypo an hour later, and then of course hyper, because its a pain to deal with things properly when you're half asleep! This happened to me the first time, next time I checked with the meter first.

I think more should be made of this as it is just another shortcoming of the technology that we need to be aware of. I have not seen anything in the Medtronic literature, and it has not been mentioned at the pump meetings at the hospital.

But we carry on living and learning!

bonerp

I use Libre2 and for some reason last night that said my BGs were going up to 13 but finger test was reducing from 9! Weird.
I gave up on the guardian sensor as found it too inaccurate too often. Libre is better. Not sure Libre2 ir more accurate than 1 though. Not my finding.
Paracetemol causes my BGs to rise. Ibuprofen doesn't.

DTay9999

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use Libre2 and for some reason last night that said my BGs were going up to 13 but finger test was reducing from 9! Weird.
I gave up on the guardian sensor as found it too inaccurate too often. Libre is better. Not sure Libre2 ir more accurate than 1 though. Not my finding.
Paracetemol causes my BGs to rise. Ibuprofen doesn't.
I've found the Libre 1 probably as accurate as the Guardian, but the Libre is more reliable and less hassle - you don't get 'updating issues', lasts longer and is easier to apply. As I don't use my 670G in auto mode (not good enough), there is not a great deal of difference in what the Libre 2 can do and the Guardian, if you are happy with the hands-on management. I'm interested to know peoples experience with the Libre 2.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have just changed to enlite from libre 1 with xdrip and smartwatch, to soon to say what I think, but I do miss looking at my smartwatch, I did use enlite with the veo for a short while many years ago

DTay9999

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have just changed to enlite from libre 1 with xdrip and smartwatch, to soon to say what I think, but I do miss looking at my smartwatch, I did use enlite with the veo for a short while many years ago
Not sure about the enlite. The article talks about the Guardian and Dexcom. The spike is not the end of the world, just something we all ought to be aware of.