1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Guardian 4 sensors

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by DTay9999, Apr 29, 2022.

1. DTay9999

DTay9999 Type 1 · Active Member

Hi, I use the guardian 3 sensor with a 670g, but Medtronic have just sent me some guardian 4s. Will they work with the transmitter and the 670g?

2. dancer

dancer Type 1 · Well-Known Member

From what I've read about the 780G pump, it can use Guardian 3 and Guardian 4 sensors but requires a different transmitter for the latter. I don't know about the 670 and Guardian 4 but if the new sensors can be used with the 670G, I reckon the new transmitter would be required. You should phone Medtronic to ask this, to find out for sure.

3. DTay9999

DTay9999 Type 1 · Active Member

Thanks, I think I’ll have to do that :)

4. Vickstar36

Vickstar36 · Member

Hi, got put on the 780G and the guardian sensor 4 which does come with it's own transmiter. Previous models use the guardian 3. I personally wouldn't want to use it if you are on a previous pump and sensor, i'd stay with it, unless you are on the heavier side as i've been left with lumps, and a rash and now can't use either my legs or my abdomen for my pump, which also leaves lumps. My previous pump i didn't have issues with. Also if sugars are unstable you won't be able to use the sensor. I've tried 4 in a week and all 4 have failed, rang Medtronic, and they advised was due to levels not being stable enough for the device.

• Hug Hug x 1
  5. Hopeful34

Hopeful34 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sorry you're having problems with the 780g pump. Please could I ask which pump you were using before, and if you were using Dexcom or Libre?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook