Guess boy or girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Congratulations:happy: I'm going for a boy. most people at my place of work said I was having a boy but one of the salesman said" no it's not a boy, I've got 3 girls and you( me) are having a girl" and he was right, as I didn't want to know the sex of my baby until the birth. Good luck

Anie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you really want to know they may be able to tell you at your next scan. One of my daughters is also expecting, but doesn't want to know, she's due 2nd November, when are you due?

Good luck

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I had also heard the heartbeat thing. Both mine had fast heartbeats and they were girls. I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world. Lots of gentle walks and rest as much as possible. Big hug!

jenny.84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Anie, due 16th nov if i am able to go full term, yeah got my 20 week scan on 1st july so fingers crossed lol, thank you scandichic :) xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have three daughters and a son. The girls were real wrigglers so I was worried when my last pregnancy was a slow mover, turned out it was a boy.
But that's my experience.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Anie, due 16th nov if i am able to go full term, yeah got my 20 week scan on 1st july so fingers crossed lol, thank you scandichic :) xxx

My eldest was a real wriggler. We had chalk boards at school and every time I wrote on the board, she used to go ballistic and kick me. She never sits still now. The youngest was a lazy moo. And barely moved at all. She is still like it now - lol! Feeling them move for the first time is awesome. It feels like you've got a butterfly or moth in your hand (you know when one has come in the window and you grab hold of it with your hand to put it outside! Awww! You're making me feel broody! Enjoy!

jenny.84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have not had any movement yet but i cant wait till i do 15 weeks atm so next few weeks fingers crossed, thats funny how they are the same now one wont sit still the other dont move lots lol xxx

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Have not had any movement yet but i cant wait till i do 15 weeks atm so next few weeks fingers crossed, thats funny how they are the same now one wont sit still the other dont move lots lol xxx

I remember that it felt like it was taking ages to get there then my eldest had to come by emergency c section at 29 weeks but she was a real fighter (and a huge farter too! ) my second managed to hang on till 37 weeks and was emergency c section. My children are the best people in my life and I am conscious that we don't have them for very long before they make their own way so I intend to fully make the most of them now! My eldest is on a camp in Wales, rock climbing, abseiling, riding, gorge walking etc. I miss her loads and my heart is in my mouth but hopefully she is having a fab time! You have all of this to come! Take carex

Reactions: 2 people

jenny.84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do your children have diabetes or do you habe it your self ? Or both, i dont think id could go through all this again to have another child dont think my body will hold out, with all my other issues lol, scary to think about giving birth, and after too will i cope what if i have hypo what will happen to baby if i pass out , tried not to think about it all but maybe should say something to midwife hay xxx

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Do your children have diabetes or do you habe it your self ? Or both, i dont think id could go through all this again to have another child dont think my body will hold out, with all my other issues lol, scary to think about giving birth, and after too will i cope what if i have hypo what will happen to baby if i pass out , tried not to think about it all but maybe should say something to midwife hay xxx

Ok. I had hellp syndrome. My eldest had to come out because I wouldn't have survived. I spent 3 days in intensive care and they didn't think I was going to make it but I did. My daughter weighed less than 2 lbs, the whole world saw her before I did, she spent all of my maternity bar the last 4 weeks in hospital but human beings are resilient and so are you! Take the best care you can of yourself. Allow others to help you. Check your bs regularly so that if you start to go low, you can eat something. I wasn't diabetic whilst preggers but lots of people are and they make it. You will be fine. My hubbie was adamant that we weren't having anymore. My eldest then had an horrific accident at 10 months. She picked up a remote control (she had tried to do this the day before but couldn't) waved it through the air, caught it in the handle of a mug(which was well out of her hands reach) of black coffee which went up in the air and landed all over her. We spent 10 days in the burns unit, miles from where we live. As it was my coffee, everyone blamed me. It was the worst experience of my life but you know, there are people out there who have it far worse. I am telling you this in the hope that you will understand how resilient we are and how we can and do cope with all of life's curve balls. Crunch time for us was when we went on our hols and our daughter was on her own whilst the children around had siblings to play with. There is no right or wrong number of children to have. You should do what's right for you as a family. I am really excited for you. Try to relax. Talk to your partner, family and midwife about your concerns! Have you had any cravings? Mine was for tinned sardines and Tescos cherry yoghurt. It had to be Tescos and cherry. My hubbie cycled miles for them, bless him!

jenny.84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow yes i suppose im panicking over nothing, life does throw allot at ppl but we all bounce back, im glad your doing well now, yeah i had craving for satsumers at the begining but they give me heart burn now lol i dont have any bad cravings that i really need anything, but i never ate ice cream before but could eat it till comes out my eye balls now lol xxx

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Wow yes i suppose im panicking over nothing, life does throw allot at ppl but we all bounce back, im glad your doing well now, yeah i had craving for satsumers at the begining but they give me heart burn now lol i dont have any bad cravings that i really need anything, but i never ate ice cream before but could eat it till comes out my eye balls now lol xxx

No, it's your first baby! I know you probably will get lots of unwanted advice but 2 of the best tips I can share are as follows. I never heated up milk. I couldn't breast feed. You can buy a pot with dividers in. I would boil the kettle in the morning and make up six bottles of water. I would then leave them on the side. When hungry, I would add the milk powder and shake vigorously. Initially we were told to make up the bottles and put them in the fridge. You then have to warm them in a cup of hot water. It takes ages and they scream the house down, at 2am you do not want this! You might breast feed but if you do, this works. It also means you don't have to worry about milk going off if you're out and about. I never warmed up jars of baby food either....

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh, got I cream recipe for you too!
Ice-cream
Per person:
100g frozen berries or cherries
100ml double cream
1tsp sweetner

Blitz berries in food processor till in tiny pieces. Add cream and sweetner. Blitz till ice-cream. You cannot freeze this so eat immediately!