Type 2 Gym

Mandi05

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey guys! I want to know what I need to eat or do before I hit the gym for like an hour or so. I don’t want to pass out.
I’m a newbie with type 2 on metformin.
Once again thanks for your support.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I don’t eat or drink any differently on days I go to the gym. If I’m going early in the morning I exercise in a fasted state - I don’t normally eat breakfast and find that I can exercise without doing so. If I’m going in the evening I just eat my normal evening meal.

If you’re not taking blood glucose lowering medication you shouldn’t need any special foods before exercising.

Last edited:

Mark_1

Hey guys! I want to know what I need to eat or do before I hit the gym for like an hour or so. I don’t want to pass out.

If your going to loss weight then nothing, if your trying to put weight on then try to get some protein in afterwards. If your carrying excess fat then that will supply all the energy you need. Unless your a high level athlete you don’t need to eat anything special to fuel your workout.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi Mandi.

Are you a regular gym user?

Mandi05

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Personally I don’t eat or drink any differently on days I go to the gym. If I’m going early in the morning I exercise in a fasted state - I don’t normally eat breakfast and find that I can exercise without doing so. If I’m going in the evening I just eat my normal evening meal.

If you’re not taking blood glucose lowering medication you shouldn’t need any special foods before exercising.

Okay thanks

Mandi05

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If your going to loss weight then nothing, if your trying to put weight on then try to get some protein in afterwards. If your carrying excess fat then that will supply all the energy you need. Unless your a high level athlete you don’t need to eat anything special to fuel your workout.

Thanks