Had gest diabetes, now displaying diabetes symptoms 6mths+

dani175

Hiya i had gestational diabetes in my last pregnancy and was given the all clear 6wks post natal. My son is now 6mths old and this week have been having diabetes symptoms again which i didn't really take much notice of until i got sweet smelling urine. I found my bloods machine just now and did my sugars. My reading was 8.1 (ate 1.5 hrs before reading) and if i remember rightly thats slightly high? Am just abit confused by it all. I was planning on going back to my diabetes diet anyway as i lost a fair bit of weight while pregnant (either that or i really did only put on 2kg lol) by being on a low carb diet.
Any ideas or suggestions on what to do?
i've got enough strips for 2 days worth of testing so i was thinking test tomorrow and if its slightly high then ring the docs.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Re: Had gest diabetes, now displaying diabetes symptoms 6mth

Hi,

My advice would be with you having history of gestational diabetes is go see a doctor. You'll only cause yourself worry in the meantime. Which im guessing you don't need with a 6 month old boy to run around after :)

Keep your eye on your BG until you can get to the doctor if you have the means to.

Only a doctor can say if you do or don't have diabetes so let the experts decide :)

Feel free to come back whatever the result and let us know how you get on.

KatieCat

Re: Had gest diabetes, now displaying diabetes symptoms 6mth

Hi Dani, how did you get on? I'm in a similar boat I think. Had gestational diabetes, was given the all clear after the GTT but after feeling a bit nauseous after meals used my old metre to test and got high readings 8s and 9s. Going to have my HBAC1 done on Friday. I'm such a worrier and came on this forum today in the hope of finding moral support. I have a lovely 5 month old son and a wonderful hubby and want to keep as healthy as possible for them both. Hope you're ok and that your results were reassuring.