hair food - found this out accidentally

dragongirl

I've been seeing a trichologist for a few weeks as my hair is going awol (has been for three years actually!). Have been low carbing (high protein, high fat) since last summer and had heart in mouth when she asked about what I was eating. Imagine my surprise when she went over the moon on hearing of my diet. She couldn't have been more pleased. It is exactly what hair needs, she said, and she therefore didn't expect me to take note of the basic recommendations in her pack. What's more, when asking my GP for some zinc, iron and B12 blood tests, she confirmed to him my diet was excellent now (which pleases me no end in view of the potential for trouble with the DN). I have it in writing. We think I have not enough iron stores from before the DB diagnosis though, hence the iron tablets mentioned elsewhere on here (GP happy if above 50 - I scored 59 - but for hair the trichos want 80-100). So if you are doing what I am doing diet-wise, rest assured your hair is delighted! This lady works half the week with Phillip Kingsley in Harley Street so I think she knows what she is saying. Unfortunately she also mentioned to GP the weight loss and he picked up on it (I daren't show myself!). Sorry for ramble - someone might be interested :)

Cas

Hmm, now I'm in a dilemma, I have troublesome gallstones and have to be on a low fat diet, actually until my gallbladder removal I am on a fat free diet. My I hope my poor hair doesn't suffer now.