Hallo from foxglove.

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
Just arrived. T2 for 2yrs. 75yr old grt gran, can't get into understanding all the technical terms so bit bewildered and tend to brush things aside. Realise I must take it more seriously as last eyescreening shows deteriation in left eye. Spinabifida leaves me with painful spinal problems, although overweight (morbidly obese - as they like to say these days) doesn't help matters!
Hope to get some inspiration to do better and "pull my socks up!" :? :(

haggis1972

Dislikes
spiders, rude people
hi foxglove and welcome, cant give you any advice as new to it myself buut loads of great advice on here.
sara

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi foxglove,

Welcome to the forum, there is a active type 2 section that is full of useful information that should get you started, any questions just fire away when your ready, although I am type 1, there are many more members who are type 2 with plenty of experience and knowledge that they will happily share with you.

Nigel

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hello Foxglove and welcome to the forum. :)

I noted thetime you posted so hope that is because you are an early riser rather than a bad sleeper! :shock:

Many of us have had to seriously cut down or cut out the starchy carbohydrates in order to get the blood glucose levels down, as that is the main thing which causes eye problems in diabetics this may well be what you are looking at doing too. It takes a little while to make a difference but is well worth doing.

In my quest to lower my BG levels I have stopped eating things like bread and all things made with flour as well as pasta, rice, porridge and potatoes. I eat things like meat, fish, eggs and cheese and fruits and vegetables.

If you have any questions there are usually plenty of folk on here to help. 8) :D

pang3e

Hi foxglove,

Welcome to the forum :D I have only just joined but have been type 2 on Metformin tabs for 5yrs now. Not much I can say about it except I'm here to actually learn more about my diabetes from people who are doing something positive about it, so I have been reading threads for some time now and have learnt quite a lot about managing my diabetes, problems and successes. This site is so much more helpful than my diabetes nurse has ever been!

Enjoy!

Angie