Hand and feet pain

rory_kerr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am having severe pain in my hands, fingers and toes. As well as pins and needles. I constantly take pain killers to ease the pain. My GP no longer has a diabetic nurse so I have no one to offer advice.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @rory_kerr, welcome! In the absence of a diabetic nurse I would ask to see your GP - you shouldn't have to put up with those symptoms without medical attention.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have tried but very difficult to get appointment
I know, it's a nightmare. But do insist, ask if you can wait at the end of surgery for the duty doctor, or take the soonest appointment and ask if you can be called if there's a cancellation. Being in that much pain is not ok.

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have tried but very difficult to get appointment
Even if it takes several weeks to get an appointment, you will need a medical opinion. So, keep trying. Your problem will still need attention.

Some GP surgeries in the UK make it extremely cumbersome to get an appointment. In my case, I telephoned the GP surgery a week ago to ask for an appointment. The receptionist said that they will not make any face-to-face appointment without me speaking to a GP first on the telephone. She then made me an appointment to speak with a GP in three weeks' time. Yet, in another GP surgery they have a system where they have a small number of face-to-face appointments available for each weekday, if people manage to get through on the telephone.

Please don't give up. Good luck.

• Agree
  • Hug
Reactions: EllieM and jpscloud