Type 2 Hands and feet

linda10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi new to this. But since getting change of insulin and being prescribed exenatide. I have lost around 2 stonenin weight and now 90 percent of my readings are in single figures. Which is great.
However I have recently started to get pains in my feet and my feet and hands are always cold. Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this sort of thing. Recently been refered to a podiatrist but they have just cancelled my first appointment and rebooked it for mid march

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi @linda10 and welcome to the forum :)

I've seen some members mention that when they tighten up their diabetes control (after going through a period of poor control) it can lead to neuropathy type pain in the hands and feet, it's usually temporary but your doing the best thing getting checked out. Good luck.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got terrible pain in my feet, mostly toes after a while on strict LCHF, usually in the evening/night but I also had an improved sense of feeling when I was through with the process. Still have a bit of tingling but all tests have come back clear.

Cold hands and feet isn't anything I ever had with diabetes though but with low thyroid levels.

B12 deficiency is a not uncommon cause of neuropathy.