Type 2 Hands drying out

Linda_N

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have you tried any of the E45 range? Not sure if they do a hand cream as such though. I've been using the shower cream on my face for years and would never touch soaps of face washers ever again
Many years ago I was told to put a tablespoon of salt in the palm of one hand, drizzle olive oil over so it is mostly soaked up by the salt, then "wash" your hands with the mixture. When you have had enough, rinse under warm water to get rid of the salt. This really helped my window cleaner and hopefully will help you.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aveno moisturising cream is really brilliant.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been testing a lot recently to get my glucose levels down so am having the same problem. It occurred to me that I only need to wash the finger tip that I'm testing, not both hands. That's been working really well. :)

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Since starting testing - generally 7 times a day - I'm having real issues with dry and cracked skin on my hands. Guess it's caused by all the extra hand washing! Have bought some moisturiser it doesn't seem to be doing much good. Any suggestions?

I'm allergic to most creams and cosmetics with any sort of scent, and any with lanolin in them - currently using unscented Nutrogena.

Thanks.
O Keefes working hands is amazing I have tried all or most of the so called treatments for dry and cracked hands,after two days using O Keefes the difference is amazing I've been using forgo weeks now first week two or three times a day as they recommend now I just at night before.
bed it truly does work