happy new year. Update

monkeygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
well hey all hopin that y'all in good form!!
here is my wee update after been ill; the bad news is I'm still sick but blood sugars are finally showin signs are becoming stable
current insulin doses
28 breakfast 32 lunch 30 dinner apidra and 30 units of lantus at night as of few days not one hypo or hyper "woopwoop" and ive been eatin really well so much less
am on the path to recover and becoming a very powerful diabetic after all knowledge is power

okay so I saw the dietician and have been given like a diet meal plan thingy have been advised if want to lose weight well duh I'm 19 stone something and I'm only 5ft so such a big frame all tummy "bigsigh" need to eat at least 1600 calories and 200 carbs each day
Now a few things I need to consider I hate the word diet maybe lifestyle changes sounds better previous experience of diet makes me nuts for what I crave and cant have I do suffer mental health issues (PTSD&BIPOLAR) I might do a blog or something at a later stage I also suffer with diablimea and have struggled with my weight for many years and have always treated myself and turned to food for comfort anywho where was I ..
1600 calories and 200 carbs phew don't even know what to say to that except "HELP" last few days since outta hospital ive been havin danone cereal yogurt and two rounds of white toast grapes for 11ish homemade veg with lentil soup and 2 rounds of white bread lunch then salmon with small bowl of steamed potatoes (I found these lovely coloured lid bowl different sizes I will post pic that I started to use) and steamed veg fine all yummy up till 9pm my stomach growlin scared my wee stafforshire bull terrior okay I admit chasin her around the room was a bit much lol
so I ended up with 3 rounds of bread & butter tin of tuna teaspoon of mayo and ready salted crisps
I'm still tryin I might lose a battle and my diabetic gremlins win but hey I'm still here I'm still gonna fight
S.Jx

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hey Monkeygirl ,glad your moving in the right direction,happy new year to you and success in your fight against diabetes,clive

Reactions: 2 people