Hard work and good support

rosco 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosed T2 three months ago. HbA1c 89 (no amateur me) and 89kg.
Today my result came back as HbA1c 34 (beyond my wildest dreams) and 80kg
On 1000mg metformin SR. Ramipril. Statin stopped.

Cholesterol also way down so I stopped statin although my GP advised I would almost certainly return to previous level.
Worked so hard to achieve this. As few carbs as possible, bit of starvation, not high fats as I don’t like fat much. Support fr9m partner, family, you guys. Thank you.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Very well done and well deserved @rosco 2, When you mentioned a starting HBA1C and weight of the same figure (89) and then a follow up HBA1C of 34 and had a moment of panic - would your weight be 34 kg ???
Thankfully fanciful ideas have no place in hard science. Please keep up the great work (and prove the GP wrong about your future cholesterol readings)!!

rosco 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. My HbA1c was low enough for my GP to be virtually speechless. Bless him, he’s a good guy.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
always nice to hear of people getting the better of the diabetes lergy ...well done

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Diagnosed T2 three months ago. HbA1c 89 (no amateur me) and 89kg.
Today my result came back as HbA1c 34 (beyond my wildest dreams) and 80kg
On 1000mg metformin SR. Ramipril. Statin stopped.

Cholesterol also way down so I stopped statin although my GP advised I would almost certainly return to previous level.
Worked so hard to achieve this. As few carbs as possible, bit of starvation, not high fats as I don’t like fat much. Support fr9m partner, family, you guys. Thank you.

Excellent news
Your hard work has been rewarded
Good result for you