Has any diabetic here had this type problem?.

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone so iv been suffering from some wierd problems for some years where my body is unable to break down carbs such as sugar example bottle of coke would never raise my levels at all. if I do tend to example eat carbs that my body is able to breakdown such as rice bread affect my blood sugar will rise I have spoke to a doctor his suspecting my small intestine is lacking certain enzymes that breakdown certain carbs and maybe this is the cause. But doctors will investigate further to find out the problem. Feel free to reply if anyone has any advice etc. Thanks

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone so iv been suffering from some wierd problems for some years where my body is unable to break down carbs such as sugar example bottle of coke would never raise my levels at all. if I do tend to example eat carbs that my body is able to breakdown such as rice bread affect my blood sugar will rise I have spoke to a doctor his suspecting my small intestine is lacking certain enzymes that breakdown certain carbs and maybe this is the cause. But doctors will investigate further to find out the problem. Feel free to reply if anyone has any advice etc. Thanks
I have a type 1 friend whose consultant referred her to a gastroenterologist for a diagnosis. It turned out that she had a diabetic complication affecting the nerves in her stomach , delaying emptying of her stomach - gastoparesis.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-complications/diabetes-and-gastroparesis.html
If you're type 1 and can't properly digest carbs this needs a proper diagnosis and treatment!

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi thanks for replying my problems isn't gastroparesis as its not delay rather not breaking certain carbs at all. I am trying to get proper diagnosis and treatment because of covid etc been harder.