Has anyone had hair loss?

D

Deleted member 83869

I'll go get some the weekend :)
I'm doing ok with it thanks it's only just sinking it that's I'll be injecting forever though and some days it takes me ages to build up the courage to inject how long have you had it? X

Thanks everyone for your comments it's made me feel better I thought I was the only one with this problem

Ahh, yeah it takes a while I guess, I can't remember how long it took me and erm I got it January 2008! :) x

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello.
I've been diagnosed 6 months now and had the same thing. It's now stopped and I still have a full head of hair :)

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a T2, but suffer from the same thing. My hair was always on the thinner side, but in recent years got progressively worse. A little over a year ago I got fed up with trying every product under the sun (including vitamins) to thicken it, and started wearing wigs full time. I was diagnosed in April (about 8 months after I started wearing wigs) and put on Metformin and reduced my carbs. A couple of weeks ago when I removed my wig at night, I noticed that my (now very short) hair looked much fuller than it was last year. I'm not confident enough not to wear the wigs in public at the moment, but the hair loss seems to have slowed down considerably or stopped.

Stephanie.F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm glad to hear that it settles eventually, hopefully it doesn't last too long :)

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm glad to hear that it settles eventually, hopefully it doesn't last too long :)
Yeh I was really worried! I spoke to my diabetic doc and she also said it's just ur body being under stress whilst adjusting to sugar levels coming back under control. As I say I'm 6 months into diagnoses and it's back to normal. My hair doesn't look thinner at all.
How u coping otherwise?

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just to add , I was also losing 'handfuls' of hair around the time of diagnosis but it stopped falling out and it grew back again fine .

Stephanie.F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeh I was really worried! I spoke to my diabetic doc and she also said it's just ur body being under stress whilst adjusting to sugar levels coming back under control. As I say I'm 6 months into diagnoses and it's back to normal. My hair doesn't look thinner at all.
How u coping otherwise?

That's good then, I'm coping ok thanks I can't stand injecting and the thought if having to do it forever is a bit of a drag but it's just something I've got to learn to live with now