Has anyone in the UK been prescribed 'NovoPen® 6 & NovoPen Echo?'

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been on the Trurapi for about 2 months now and haven't noticed any difference to the Novo rapid it's just as slow for me so if it's saving the NHS money that's good , it did hurt though throwing the pens away , I did have a bit of a clear out of old equipment and threw away old blood testing monitors and even an old wristband hypo alert , no use now so had to go !
If Novorapid wasn’t working for you. Then you had nothing to loose.
If I was put in your position. It would feel to me like a “finger trap.”

I do use Sanofi’s Lantus which I don’t rate personally as a basal at all.. If it wasn’t for the correctional use of Novorapid to “help it out.”
I’d be screwed…

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
If Novorapid wasn’t working for you. Then you had nothing to loose.
If I was put in your position. It would feel to me like a “finger trap.”

I do use Sanofi’s Lantus which I don’t rate personally as a basal at all.. If it wasn’t for the correctional use of Novorapid to “help it out.”
I’d be screwed…
Novo rapid did work ! just slow . Sorry but what is a finger trap ?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry but what is a finger trap ?
It’s a puzzle. You put a digit in the device on both hands the harder you pull it won’t let you go?

There is a way to escape it. But I can’t see my endo allowing me to retouch my “finger tips,” somehow… ;)

IMG_0298.jpeg

Reactions: jaywak

Nick Mills

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interestingly, I needed a new spare Novopen.

On ordering my prescription last Monday I noticed the Novopen 6 was amended to my list saying the 5 was no longer available.
Soooo I’ve just picked it up (with the insulin & wot not.)
& followed the prompt in librelink to set the pen up..

Several failed attempts to tether the Novopen 6 to the app. Dispite hitting the NFC spot. It just made a scanned noise then an error.
Disappointment then an idea!

The app gives you 2 options of Novopen, the 6 & the echo plus before tethering? My new pen is certainly a 6.
I chose the “Echo plus” option & it works.!

If you use 2 Novo pens they can either be identified by the serial number on the twist out dose dialer. Or by the colour?
(If you use basal & bolus from Novo Nordisk. Which I don’t.)
I had the same issue when trying to pair with libre app - I found if you perform a Air shot then hit the NFC spot it should then work-

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had the same issue when trying to pair with libre app - I found if you perform a Air shot then hit the NFC spot it should then work-
Yep, interestingly it does as I surmised, record the air shot & the bolus at the same time in the app…
It works fantastically.
Just the initial set up paring the pen. It wouldn’t pair in the app as a “Novopen6.” (Which is my model of pen.)
But did first time as an “echo.”