Has anyone seen...

artdecomum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone seen the article in the Daily mail today about a study done in University of Alabama, Birmingham about eating all your meals before 3pm. At the minute i never eat after 6pm and usually don't have breakfast until 10.30 or 11.00am. That's a gap of 16 to 17 hours. if i finished at 3pm and waited till 10.00am then that would be a gap of 19 hours. Does anybody do that? If so, can you let me know how you do it and what do you eat. Does anyone have any thoughts on this new idea. From the article it seems to have worked on the very small number of men who tried it. Love to hear from you all.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You mean intermittent fasting.
Yes I have done it since diagnosis with Type 2. No breakfast and lunch (sometimes) and dinner (always) only so my eating window is usually 1 pm to 9 pm (usually have dinner earlier) which is a classic 16:8 fasting regime.
No I don't finish before 3 pm but then agin some days I haven't "broken my fast" before 3 pm either.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
This is not really a new idea. People have been fasting for a very, very long time.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I always eat in a 18/6 fashion, 2 meals eaten in the 6 hour window, fasting for 18 hours, some of which is when I'm in bed asleep.
No breakfast food, lunch just after 1pm dinner about 7pm, no snacks.