Has anyone tried the new-ish Mio 30's...?

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi there,

I've been using the sure t steel sets for over a year and ordinarily love them - but I can only use them in my tummy (other places the steel needle hurts) and I'm now pregnant - so considering other set options as my bump grows...

-- one of the reasons I love the sure t's is because when I tried the 90 degree standard mio's, I found they hurt - and would have a tendency to block if I rolled onto them. I never experienced that with the sure t's.

I did try the silhouettes but found insertion so traumatic (as in to my skin - almost every time I tried them they would bleed and I'd have horrendous bruises), that I really only tried them a handful of times.

I've heard the new mio 30's are much gentler - but I guess cos my only real experience with teflon sets was the original 90 degree sets, then I'm a bit worried about site blockages - especially whilst it's even more important now I'm pregnant to keep my numbers as level as possible (not always possible!!).

Any thoughts/feedback gratefully received :)

purleypete

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been on them since they came out and like them a lot. I use them on my thighs where it is a bit leaner as I wanted to give my stomach a break from nearly 30 years of syringes, pens and infusion sets.

I've found they have a slightly higher failure rate than the standard mios and have had a few that have got caught and partially detached so needed to be replaced. The insertion procedure is a bit more complicated than mios but easy to get used to.

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've been on them since they came out and like them a lot. I use them on my thighs where it is a bit leaner as I wanted to give my stomach a break from nearly 30 years of syringes, pens and infusion sets.

I've found they have a slightly higher failure rate than the standard mios and have had a few that have got caught and partially detached so needed to be replaced. The insertion procedure is a bit more complicated than mios but easy to get used to.
Thanks @purleypete for your reply - really useful to know. When you say you've had more failures than standard Mio's, what generally causes the failures?

And how quickly do you know...?

Thanks again

purleypete

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The failures are blockage more than anything else. Looking back on over BG results, I would say it happens once or twice a month. I use CGM so am aware of unusual trends fairly quickly.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
I use them and they are FAB! I've been on them for a year now and never had any issues (so far anyway!). They rarely hurt when I put them in, in fact sometimes I don't feel a thing! :)

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
@-Artemis- did you use silhouettes with the silserter or by themselves? I find them fine by themselves but can't do it with the inserter. Also I find that numbing the area with ice first works well. Good luck.