Has anyone worn a Libre in a sauna?

mattrix

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've noticed that at times the Libre stops working and it bottoms out at 2.2 mmol/L.

I've been looking through all the garbage I got with the Libre, and it says not to cover the hole in the top of the sender, but doesn't say why. I think it might require dry air circulating in the probe assembly and doesn't work well in high humidity.

So if you have worn the Libre in a sauna, how did it affect your readings?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've noticed that at times the Libre stops working and it bottoms out at 2.2 mmol/L.

I've been looking through all the garbage I got with the Libre, and it says not to cover the hole in the top of the sender, but doesn't say why. I think it might require dry air circulating in the probe assembly and doesn't work well in high humidity.

So if you have worn the Libre in a sauna, how did it affect your readings?

Hi,
I haven't tried a sauna yet with the Libre. However, I have during that hot weather, (UK.) landscaping & laying fake grass in hell hole sun trap gardens..I wear a MM2 Bluetooth bridge over the top held in place with a laser cut ar and holder.
It would get it's brief "moments" due to certain intense activity. But that could have also been times when I needed rehydration too?

I have had some "bottom outs," when the meter tests 3.3.