Has this ever happened to anyone else?

A

Anonymous

I am 18 and I have been type 1 since I was 5. Sometimes I can eat loads all day and my blood never goes high it sometimes stays around 7 or 8 all day say if I eat I test my bg about 2 hours after and my bg hasn't moved so I leave my insulin and then I will probably eat again a few hours after testing my bg and my bg still hasn't moved. Then the next day say when I get up in the morning its about 6 or 7 but then during that day it will start rising and dropping again. It doesn't happen very often just odd times.

LesleyB

Hiya

It could be something to do with your hormones I guess, is this usually associated with you having your period? It could also be associated with a minor virus, or stress.

Do you keep a food diary? I keep one and a work diary, if my levels are erratic, I look at my timesheets to see if stress is a factor

KimSuzanne

Could be our body is using the glucose and the energy from it for something else, i get it sometimes if I get an infection or a virus - your body needs more energy to fight off the infection.

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
Hi Jodie, out of interest what type of insulin are you on. I am on lantus, and having similar, but more severe hyoglycaemic days-it's very scary! I have made a decision to ditch the lantus, after 3 years of blaming problems on my hormones,although it doesn't seem to relate to any particular time of the month. i've done a bit of research and come to the conclusion that it's the insulin not me that's the problem.. Been reporting these problems to GP, Diabetes nurse since I've been taking lantus, and always left with the impression that they think I'm doing something wrong. Studies have been done that show that lantus can accumulate at the injecton site, and release itself days later. I'm quite sure that's been happening to me. Sorry to go on, just wonder if your insulin's the problem, it's easy to blame yourself and your hormones when weird things happen. I have been insulin dependent for 19 years, thought it would have got easier to manage. It's difficult managing life when my diabetes is so unpredictable. :?
Justine