Type 1 have I forgotten my Lantus?

samowen268

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi guys, I’m not entirely sure what to do!

I usually do my Lantus at about 11pm, it’s the middle of the night and my blood sugars are normal .. but I don’t really have any recollection of doing my Lantus, but I’m also not entirely sure I haven’t done it either! I’m so used to doing it, I have just forgotten whether I’ve done it or not!

So my dilemma, do I do it and risk the chance of having double insulin or do I risk the chance of having high bloods?? Feel stuck, first time this has happened!

Bombjack

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Personally, I would not do any Lantus, and just give extra insulin as required during the day.

This has happened to me several times. After doing the same thing every night for years, you just get so used to doing it.

I got a device which clips to the end of my pen, and resets a timer every time I give my long acting insulin. I'd definitely recommend getting something like it. I had a look, and can't see my timer on sale any more, but if you google for "Insulin Timer", a couple of alternatives pop up.

Leeannea

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi. What I would do (but others may have different opinions), is not take lantus now but wait until it is due again. I’d rather correct for high blood glucose than have hypos. I’d take frequent readings, including in the night, unless you are blessed with a cgm with alerts. Cheer up though as there’s a good chance you have taken it! I think it’s fair to say it’s happened to most of us. Cheers Leeanne