have i got gestational diabetes?

putney

I would really appreciate some help. I am 31 weeks pregnant with my 4th child in 6 years. I had gestational diabetes in my 2nd and 3rd prenancies (diagnosed right at the end of pregnancy). Both my parents are diabetic. I had a gtt at 16 weeks and one at 28 weeks pregnant this time, both were normal. Every now and then I check my sugar levels on my mums machine and about 1 hour after a normal sized meal I had sugar levels of 9.2 (dont know if thats normal). Is that ok or does it look like I have got it again? Don't want to have it not be diagnosed properly ( obviously I would be concerned about the baby if I have it again) Sorry if I sound paranoid :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
We cannot diagnose on the forum. It is not allowed. This is something only your GP can tell you.

As for the level you quote it could be a normal reaction to a high carb meal it depends what the level drops back to after 2 hrs. Please discuss with your GP.

Ken

xxxleonadxxx

Hi there, as Ken says only a medical professional can diagnose but can I ask, what affect did the gestational diabetes have on your babies in utero and post birth?? and when (and how) did they notice the diabetes? After you had your kids (with gestational diabetes) were you follow up checked for 'full blown' diabetes??

Sorry to be nosey :D