Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And what they are

Hi,

In answer to your title question. Yes, for many years..

But to be frank, with the many years experience..? Just get a comfortable non "D" tagged shoe that works for you.
I spend a lot of time on my feet. work & play.(I wear safety shoes where i work.)
Decent non seamed socks work well for me too? I can stand all day.. Personally, i tried out some JCB trainer socks for work. went back for a second 3 pack..

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Like the others have said you don't need any special footwear just comfortable shoes , and I have found bamboo socks are brilliant , I had incurable fungal nail infection on my big toenails for decades but since changing to the bamboo socks a couple of years ago it has almost gone with no medication .

Reactions: Ledzeptt

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I only have one foot so I only have half the worry lol but I have no “ padding on the base of my foot so basically the only thing stopping me walking on my bones is my skin, I have a insole made for me , I use it in some of my trainers but don’t have to use it when I wear Skechers , I have 3 different pairs and must say they are brilliant I’ve never worn Diabetic shoes but like others wear comfy shoes with good socks I did have some Skecher socks which had a slight padding built into them which were good

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
My uncle hade 2 pairs especially made 1 pair shoes and pair of trainers

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My uncle hade 2 pairs especially made 1 pair shoes and pair of trainers
My father did too but that was due to the damage caused by uncontrolled diabetes and Charcot foot. I can’t imagine why anyone without specific feet issues would need diabetic shoes. Just seems a way to make them more expensive

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
My father did too but that was due to the damage caused by uncontrolled diabetes and Charcot foot. I can’t imagine why anyone without specific feet issues would need diabetic shoes. Just seems a way to make them more expensive
Loving the black cat on your picture

Reactions: Antje77

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
No idea about the shoes, although since WFH I live in my fake Birkenstock sandals and am sure my feet benefit.

When I do wear socks, I echo @jaywak’s recommendation for bamboo - amazingly comfortable and good for the environment (allegedly) - TKMAXX often have a good offer.