Having an insecure day

Jax21

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am having one of those days I seem to get too many of...so I went off the rails last year a bit and pulled myself back on track in Feb this year, had the yearly appt in March, results liver was raised, tested that again in May and was just inside the recommended range. Have kept solidly to my new regime, eating what is good etc and keeping away from the bad stuff, apart from a day here and there where I have some rye bread. I had cut bread out totally but long term struggled with it, I freeze bread so I am not tempted to have it every day, and the freezer is in an outside shed so it takes effort and thought to survive getting it out lol...But when I test my BG with my meter I get stressed if it tells me for exampl 7.2 am thinking it could be 8.3 allowing for meter inaccuracy...woe betide if I ever get an 8, as then i'm thinking 9's. I get so stressed over it but am worse if I don't test at all as then am imagining all kinds of nasty numbers lol.
Waiting for urine test results at the moment, there is an issue there somewhere recently which isn't down to uncontrolled BG as am not sky high on readings. The past few days have been in the 7's hopefully not 8's.....it really stresses me when I see on my GP records for the BG test that NICE want 6.5....mine was 66 which I think is 8.2?...I really do not understand all the numbers thing, I didn't get the phone call to discuss the results as noted on my records so am assuming the 66 wasn't that bad?. ...

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
If NICE want 6.5 I would say that is the ideal but very difficult to achieve, But yours don't seem bad at all and I would be happy with your results , I think a lot of us will probably tell you that they sometimes go into double figures , It's ok but not something you should do over a long period of time , Thats when the problems might start .

Reactions: Jax21

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Are you T1 or T2 - as the advice is different.
If T2 are you low carb?

If you have another issue and either a high temperature or stress because of that then it can affect your blood sugar.

Reactions: Jax21

Jax21

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If NICE want 6.5 I would say that is the ideal but very difficult to achieve, But yours don't seem bad at all and I would be happy with your results , I think a lot of us will probably tell you that they sometimes go into double figures , It's ok but not something you should do over a long period of time , Thats when the problems might start .

Thank you

Jax21

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you T1 or T2 - as the advice is different.
If T2 are you low carb?

If you have another issue and either a high temperature or stress because of that then it can affect your blood sugar.

Hi I am type 2, and try to be low carb as carbs scare me to be honest. I cook everything from scratch and keep as low carb as possible. Dropped a urine sample into GP as I think something is up with that and waiting for results. I have lost weight since really getting back on track in March and am 2 stones and 4 pounds lighter now. My main diet now is vegetables, chicken and lean meats, everything cooked from scratch usually slow cooker in water. I go easy with fresh berries, usually strawberries when i can get fresh, a few blueberries, blackberries etc. Eggs hard boiled or omelette with mushrooms tomatoes and onions. Maybe I just need to calm the hell down and breathe, just some days I panic at the numbers if I think they should be lower. I have noticed the past few days though, that whatever the reading is in the morning its only about .4 different at bedtime so that is good after eating meals etc.