Type 1 Hayfever

Amy993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I'm 17 and was only diagnosed last August so is my first summer as a diabetic. Over the past couple of days my hayfever has started to get really bad, and sugar levels have increased I currently don't take any medication for it. What would anyone suggest? Does hayfever usually increase sugar levels? Should i start taking some medication to control my hayfever? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My hay fever is atrocious this week. I have anti histamine tabs from doc and also comfort eye drops from Tesco which help. Sometimes have to use a nose spray as well. My sugars do go up by about one or two depending on just how bad it is. At least my eyes don't cry like a cartoon character as my sons do. He is not diabetic.

Reactions: Amy993

Amy993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My hay fever is atrocious this week. I have anti histamine tabs from doc and also comfort eye drops from Tesco which help. Sometimes have to use a nose spray as well. My sugars do go up by about one or two depending on just how bad it is. At least my eyes don't cry like a cartoon character as my sons do. He is not diabetic.

Haha thank you. I will try get a doctors appointment to see what they recommend then.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I suffer from all year round rhinitis constant sneezing and running nose . As soon as the tree pollen season started it got much worse. I saw our practise nurse and she gave me antihistamines and a Beaconase nasal spray which have helped now the next pollen onslaught will be the grass pollens

Reactions: Amy993

Amy993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes I suffer from all year round rhinitis constant sneezing and running nose . As soon as the tree pollen season started it got much worse. I saw our practise nurse and she gave me antihistamines and a Beaconase nasal spray which have helped now the next pollen onslaught will be the grass pollens

Okay thank you, i am awful with hay, cut grass and the rapeseed pollen. Those are the worst, but some other pollen also affects me. Think i need to speak to my DSN and try over the counter medication. If this doesn't work i may go to the doctors.