HB1AC changed again in 12 days

Saur

Hi everyone, good morning.
I had a very disappointing result of 46 at the end of October. I was on a very low carb diet since the beginning of August. I was using the mySugr app and it was giving an estimate of 5.5.
As I am on the Prevention Plus sessions my finger prick was due yesterday. The figures came exactly as the mySugr application and I cannot believe it. Thanks to the members who have recommended this app which has been really useful and also the finger pricking.
All the help is down to you forum members as I have been reading and getting ideas for receipes etc from this website.
Al the people including me asked the assessors if their A1C machines were accurate. I also asked if colds, flu, medication has an affect and I was told no. I am sure my readings were high due to my ill health. I am going to ask for another blood test, you never now just in case it is wrong again.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you have any other tests done at the same time?

Illness, medication, stress, pretty much anything really can effect your blood glucose in day to day life but anaemia can skew results of a hba1c apparently
xx

Saur

Did you have any other tests done at the same time?

Illness, medication, stress, pretty much anything really can effect your blood glucose in day to day life but anaemia can skew results of a hba1c apparently
xx
This was Diabetes Prevention programme. I can ask my doctor for a Anaemia test at the end of the month. Thankyou for your advise.

Skinny43

This was Diabetes Prevention programme. I can ask my doctor for a Anaemia test at the end of the month. Thankyou for your advise.

I don’t have any constructive advices for you as I’ve only recently enrolled onto the diabetes prevention programme. Do you mind me asking a few stupid beginners questions?

Do they test you for hba1c at the end of diabetes prevention programme? I thought you need a blood test for that. Did they do it during the session on the spot and you got the result immediately?

Thank you.

Saur

I don’t have any constructive advices for you as I’ve only recently enrolled onto the diabetes prevention programme. Do you mind me asking a few stupid beginners questions?

Do they test you for hba1c at the end of diabetes prevention programme? I thought you need a blood test for that. Did they do it during the session on the spot and you got the result immediately?

Thank you.
They tested my HB1Ac at the end of 6 months. I got two more sessions to go.they do a finger prick blood test, rather then the one in the surgery. They say it is about 95% accurate. The session time has been extended to allow them to do the tests. They do it on the spot and each test takes about six minutes to process and you get your result on the spot. The group did ask if they can still get it done from the surgery, and were told if it is due, to get it done. I am going to ask again.

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also had a setback on this programme organised in my county. The facilitator told me to keep positive, build on the positive and go back to the basics again and although food is a big thing focus also on exercise, relaxation all the various things spoken about during the sessions (in my sessions various dietary aspects were explained, Mediterranean diet, intermittent fasting and low carb) so it’s worth see what works for you. For me this group and the prevention programme are the best things ever !!!

Saur

I also had a setback on this programme organised in my county. The facilitator told me to keep positive, build on the positive and go back to the basics again and although food is a big thing focus also on exercise, relaxation all the various things spoken about during the sessions (in my sessions various dietary aspects were explained, Mediterranean diet, intermittent fasting and low carb) so it’s worth see what works for you. For me this group and the prevention programme are the best things ever !!!
Totally agree with you.