HbA1c almost halved in three months :)

Caxialoopy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I finally got my HbA1c result, after a load of battling with my surgery since Thursday to release the result - a Doctor has to okay it before they can tell you, and the one on charge of mine wasn’t in until tomorrow...

My latest HbA1c is:
View attachment 25656

Which means I’ve reduced it by 45 from the 94 in December and smashed the target of reducing it by 27!
This means I qualify to keep my Libre under our prescribing guidelines, unless they’ve moved the goalposts...

I’m so happy right now, just hope my consultant appointment goes well this afternoon, keep your fingers crossed for me :)

This is all due to the constant scanning of my Libre and adopting a keto diet.​
Fantastic news and so quickly done :)

Reactions: LooperCat

phiddy55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done you! It's astounding what we can accomplish when we put our minds to the task.

I too have gone on a low carb, high fat diet. My A1c is down to a normal level for a T2D of 6.9 from a high of 19. Both my endocrinologist and family doc were quite surprised. One said I had made her day, shook my hand. and the other walked out of the room and told his assistant that it was "amazing" what I had accomplished. I did sort of yell out to him, you could
have said that to me! (What an a-hole he is.)

I am completely off my regular (rapid) insulin, my lantus is down from 138 units to 65. I have lost almost 30 pounds too.
And, best part is I feel the best I have in years.

Keep on truckin'.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Congratulations @Mel dCP - You are such a great example to so many. I must say that I avoided ketonurea like the plague for so many years, but now I wonder... A terrific achievement!

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I finally got my HbA1c result, after a load of battling with my surgery since Thursday to release the result - a Doctor has to okay it before they can tell you, and the one on charge of mine wasn’t in until tomorrow...

My latest HbA1c is:
View attachment 25656

Which means I’ve reduced it by 45 from the 94 in December and smashed the target of reducing it by 27!
This means I qualify to keep my Libre under our prescribing guidelines, unless they’ve moved the goalposts...

I’m so happy right now, just hope my consultant appointment goes well this afternoon, keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Wow that is a Giant step towards total control congratulations

RahS

Type of diabetes
Type 2

My latest HbA1c is:
View attachment 25656

Hi Mel,
Brilliant news. Hope your appointment with the doctor went well.
What is Libre and Keto Diet, could you elaborate please. It may help people like myself to reduce the T2.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi Mel,
Brilliant news. Hope your appointment with the doctor went well.
What is Libre and Keto Diet, could you elaborate please. It may help people like myself to reduce the T2.

Thank you, it went very well indeed :)

Libre is a glucose monitoring system, I wear a sensor on my arm with a little filament that sits under the skin and constantly records the glucose level in my body. I scan it with a little device that tells me what my level is, and whether it’s rising, falling (and how fast) or remaining steady. The website is https://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/libre/

Keto is a way of eating that is very low in carbohydrate, which forces the body to burn fat instead of glucose. The amount of carbs a day to get into this state varies from person to person, for some it’s as low as 20g a day (I eat 35g a day or less), then moderate amounts of protein and fat to satisfy your appetite. @bulkbiker knows an awful lot about this subject for type 2s, and many people here have had wonderful results with it. There is a ketogenic subforum in the low carb area of this forum where we discuss it, and a really good website to learn more is www.dietdoctor.com

Sam50

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

My latest HbA1c is:
View attachment 25656

wow-huge congratulations-well done !