Hba1c from 38 to 34, only difference, no nicotine!

Agada

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So 12 weeks ago today (22nd Nov) my hba1c was 38, I just had another this week and it is now at 34! I kind of did a self experiment on myself, I am not on meds and the ONLY thing I’ve changed since November is the gradual reduction then eventual quitting of nicotine via chain vaping and occasional smoking with alcohol. It was hard but I haven’t had any nicotine for 7 weeks now, in that period of 12 weeks blood was Christmas and I also had a cold for a week so I’m happy with the reduction even though i appreciate it’s gone from “normal” to “normal”. I read lots about nicotine and blood sugar levels, particularly vaping, I was chain vaping 3mg nicotine all day and was sure it was having an effect, diet is still the biggest things to sort out in my opinion but I would suggest nicotine can boost your BS somewhat as well if regularly consumed. If you think about it, it stimulates your central nervous system, raising cortisol and adrenaline thus releasing sugar into the blood. I did also stop/lower my CBD consumption during this time but i don’t see anything suggesting that affects BS levels, my diet/exercise regime/weight/stress levels all remained the same in that time so I can only see nicotine as the main variable that changed here. Sorry for the long post but anything that can help people I will try to post on here as you’ve all helped me so much.

Reactions: MollieB