HbA1c going in right direction

THEBOT74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
After last week getting my bloods done I got my latest HbA1c result which is 51. It was 87 six months ago. Still taking Metformin, 4 tablets a day. Hope to get HbA1c to low 40s or high 30s at the end of this course. Still losing weight and exercising, so hope to lose more weight at Slimming World tomorrow...

Reactions: SWUSA_

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Excellent result @THEBOT74 , keep up the good work.

b34 blues

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I got diagnosed 3 years ago I had been so ill for 18 odd months and when I had my bloods done and found out my HbA1c was 113 my diabetic nurse said to me " I'm gobsmacked your not in a diabetic coma your reading is that high ' but when I look back to how I was feeling especially a few weeks just before I am sure I was on the verge of going into one !!! My trouble was / is I have 2 slipped discs in my lower back which I. On lots of pain killers for and when I was going to my doctor complaining about how I was feeling he kept putting it down to my medication, anyway the month before I was diagnosed me and my partner went to Mexico all inclusive so you can imagine what that was like by the 2 nd week I was all over the place I just wanted to end it all and when I got home I was straight up to the doctors and this visit I think saved my life what happened because when I asked to see my doctor who I'd been seeing for 8 years he was on holiday and I got to see a different t doctor who after listening to how bad I was feeling put me straight in for all the tests going and 2 days later they called me up at 6pm to go straight up to see them and that's when I was told I was Diabetic!!! 3 years on I got it under control and my latest reading was 38 !

Reactions: Chunters

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great result @THEBOT74, you must be so pleased. Now all you have to do is keep doing whatever you're doing & you're bound to achieve your target! Good luck on the road :)