Hba1c Keep dropping on Accuchek Pump

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Guys,

Need some help please?!!

Seem to drop a lot when I have to go up and down the stairs at work, don’t have time to put on temp basal rate as it doesn’t happen constantly, would I still have the same effect if I was using a Pen as opposed to the pump do you think? Been on pump 2 and half years and still not getting it right! Also problems with insulin getting through which isn’t helping and my hba1c is the worst it’s been in a while your help is really appreciated guys

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think you'd probably be worse on a pen, as once that basal is in, you can't do anything about it.

I used to use the stairs all the time at work, with no problem. Do you take your time or rush when using the stairs?

@Tracyann35 have you tried a different basal for workdays? You could experiment with that to see if it makes a difference. Is there a time of day you are more likely to go hypo after using the stairs?

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If I were you I’d have a different and reduced basal rate for work days. Try and pin point a pattern in your lows and focus on reducing around those times. Ideally you should do some basal testing, but I’m sure you already know that!

I have been running low across the board recently and started a temporary basal rate running 20% less.
I did that for a week, and just yesterday I decided to reduce my basal to what the TBR was running at and I’m getting the desired results.

Good luck, it is a pain getting the basal right, I hate basal testing but luckily I haven’t needed to do it this time, so fat anyway!