porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Appointment with the dietitian yesterday afternoon
HBA1C of 61. And am VERY happy. Yeah, I know it isn't brilliant BUT 1 year ago it was 84 and 3 years ago 139!!!! So I AM very happy.
I am also being put on the list for a pump (WOOHOO) due to hypo unawareness. Choices being Omnipod, Medtronic 640g (with Dexcom) or Accu check combo. So all in all I am one happy bunny :D :D
At last I seem to have a diabetic team who actually cares AND listens to what I have to say

Jeremy_Wood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news @porl69 ! Kepp up the good work and let us know how you get on with the pump if and when it arrives!

J

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Which pump did you decide on?

If I can I think I am going to go for the Minimed 640G with the enlite sensor.....but will have to wait to see the pump consultant first (knowing my luck it will be months lol)

Reactions: kev-w

ruby_jane26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Wow, what area are you in? I’m struggling with being in insulin pens and I keep having frequent hypos with reduced basal and impaired hypo awareness. A pump may be beneficial and I’m looking into changing to a pump friendly clinic.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@ruby_jane26
Personly I question how much benifit a pump would give most people without also having a CGM, and CGM without a pump would clearly help reduce your hypos.

I know some people with type1 find that a low carb diet reduces hypes as the increases in BG are slower, and hence less risk of over correcting.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Wow, what area are you in? I’m struggling with being in insulin pens and I keep having frequent hypos with reduced basal and impaired hypo awareness. A pump may be beneficial and I’m looking into changing to a pump friendly clinic.
@ruby_jane26
Personly I question how much benifit a pump would give most people without also having a CGM, and CGM without a pump would clearly help reduce your hypos.

I know some people with type1 find that a low carb diet reduces hypes as the increases in BG are slower, and hence less risk of over correcting.

I live in South Wales

Reactions: kev-w

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@ruby_jane26

I agree with you in some respect @ringi but with the ability to set a varied basal rate, based on trends, I do believe you would cut down hypos significantly. I have a tendency to hypo during the night BUT if i reduce my evening Tresiba then i would be running high all day.

ruby_jane26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I agree with you in some respect @ringi but with the ability to set a varied basal rate, based on trends, I do believe you would cut down hypos significantly. I have a tendency to hypo during the night BUT if i reduce my evening Tresiba then i would be running high all day.

I have just cut down on my tresiba and I’m finding I’m running high all day too! So frustrating

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have just cut down on my tresiba and I’m finding I’m running high all day too! So frustrating

Tresiba is really good for me. I do find I am getting pretty stable readings most of the time, even thou they may be a stable hypo during the night OR if I have a snack before bed and forget to bolus then a steady high :D

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tresiba is really good for me. I do find I am getting pretty stable readings most of the time, even thou they may be a stable hypo during the night OR if I have a snack before bed and forget to bolus then a steady high :D

That flat stable Libre line :)

Just hovering above your 'in range' line, straight, flat, consistent, immobile but never quite where you want it to sit, add a 1/2 u and it roller coasters downwards to a glucose tablet before straight lining back up to where it was, or the waking one at 7am with a flat 3.3 since 1am and two glucose tablets sends it to 12 where it happily settles down...

Those days eh!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
That flat stable Libre line :)

Just hovering above your 'in range' line, straight, flat, consistent, immobile but never quite where you want it to sit, add a 1/2 u and it roller coasters downwards to a glucose tablet before straight lining back up to where it was, or the waking one at 7am with a flat 3.3 since 1am and two glucose tablets sends it to 12 where it happily settles down...

Those days eh!

Totally agree with you on that one. Past 2 days the Libre line is playing at being a rollercoaster designer. Boy, the ups and downs over that time has been horrendous