HBA1C Result - not as good as I hoped …..

JayBee28

The only other, less likely, thing is certain blood conditions (eg anemia, rapid or slow recovery turnover etc) may have an influence on hba1c but not meter readings. The hba1c reads the amount of glycation (exposure to glucose) the red blood cells have suffered rather than the actual glucose in the blood as meters do. In cases like this where there is cause to suspect an inaccurate hba1c there is an alternative fructosamine test (more commonly used in pregnancy btw).
Very useful, thank you.

JayBee28

As @ultradad says, it may be worth trying a bit of intermittent fasting. You could reduce to one or two meals a day, several days a week. If you eat enough for your meals then you shouldn’t suffer unbearable hunger, but by increasing the fasting window between mealtimes you may help lessen your insulin resistance and thereby improve your BG. Might be just the final push you need!
I was thinking of giving this a try. I sometimes do it occasionally at weekends. We are so used to having three meals a day, and told breakfast is the most important meal, when it actually isn’t. I was thinking of having a brunch around 11am them dinner at 6pm then nothing in between. I work from home for 3 days a week, so it wouldn’t be a problem to do most of the time. It’s definitely worth a try. Thank you.