HbA1c results

Lilliepop

Hello. I have my HbA1c done every six months and my last result was 42 is that good bad or so so? I'm pre diabetic my doctor said I'm worrying to much so I have been of my low carb diet for a while now. But just been watching about diabetes and thought I would start again. I'm not over weight but I'm on a lot of pills as I had a kidney transplant that is why I'm prone to diabetes. I have forgotten how many carbs I should have a day but I remember I lost to much weight. This time don't won't to loose any. Maybe I have come to the wrong forum for help.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
42 just makes you pre-diabetic 41.9 and you wouldnt be

Lilliepop

Right, back on the diet I go before it get any higher. Not looking forward to it but have had a good run eating what I want. Got to STOP now

Reactions: 75Bedford

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right, back on the diet I go before it get any higher. Not looking forward to it but have had a good run eating what I want. Got to STOP now

Hello @Lilliepop , I'm new to type 2, went for a prediabetes progamme and found my HbA1c was 51.7% so technically type 2 already. I'm now trying to get where you are!!.. Just a quick message re: the Low Carb diet. To ensure you don't loose more weight, don't forget the High fat part!! There are loads of different forums about, and brilliant people who are very generous with their help. Stick with us.

Goodluck;)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Lilliepop Below 42 is non-diabetic, 42-47 is pre-diabetic, 48 and above is diabetic.
You are only just into the pre-diabetic range so you should be able to lower your bs and get down into the non-diabetic range without too much effort.