Hba1c success!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, just back from my 6 month review with the doctor. Back before i started my pump in sept my hba1c was 72. Today it came in at 45!! Im so happy! A previous doctor wanted me at 50

wow what a very fine result congratulations :)

Reactions: cherylt1d

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow @cherylt1d that is fantastic! I hope I have the same success, my HBa1C came back at 68 pre pump, I am looking forward to testing it again in 3 months!
Christine

cherylt1d

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow @cherylt1d that is fantastic! I hope I have the same success, my HBa1C came back at 68 pre pump, I am looking forward to testing it again in 3 months!
Christine
How have u been getting on with the pump? I love it!! My doctor asked me if i would recommend it and i said absolutly!

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How have u been getting on with the pump? I love it!! My doctor asked me if i would recommend it and i said absolutly!
Initially I was over the moon @cherylt1d, because my bloods were suddenly perfect! However, that was short lived and evidently due to the honeymoon period!
I am now in the frustration:( period, and those perfect results are proving difficult to find. I must remember it is going to take time to find the right basal rates and ratios, but I am not very patient and find it hard not tweaking on a daily basis!
However, on a positive note, I can honestly say I love my insight pump:). I must not forget the erratic results I was getting on MDI, and although I am only 3 weeks in I am in MUCH better control. Christine x

cherylt1d

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Initially I was over the moon @cherylt1d, because my bloods were suddenly perfect! However, that was short lived and evidently due to the honeymoon period!
I am now in the frustration:( period, and those perfect results are proving difficult to find. I must remember it is going to take time to find the right basal rates and ratios, but I am not very patient and find it hard not tweaking on a daily basis!
However, on a positive note, I can honestly say I love my insight pump:). I must not forget the erratic results I was getting on MDI, and although I am only 3 weeks in I am in MUCH better control. Christine x
It will take some time christine x i know what u mean by the erratic numbers. Im on the minimed 640g though so cannot help much x

Reactions: Picci