Type 2 Hba1c test in uk

Diabetesdave1

How much would hbac1 test cost in uk ?
I am over in Vietnam on holiday and thought I would get quick test cost me just under a tenner which included a cholesterol test.
I know it costs nothing on nhs but are u limited to how many each year.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Medichecks do it for £39 (thats just the HbA1c) Asia seems to be far cheaper.
We have a friend who goes to Thailand for the winter who gets a lot of tests done there far cheaper than in the UK.

Reactions: Freema

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How much would hbac1 test cost in uk ?
I am over in Vietnam on holiday and thought I would get quick test cost me just under a tenner which included a cholesterol test.
I know it costs nothing on nhs but are u limited to how many each year.

Hello there

The Uk limitations of A1c testing are largely down to your medical team's opinion of the need and/or the depth of your pocket.

For a fee, of c£0, you could have them done as often as you choose. Yolu can also do a home test, which I have found to be a good match for my lab tests (not everyone finds that), which work out cheaper, depending on how many tests are bought together.

On the NHS, it is unusual to have a test more than every 3 months (but it can happen), but once control is considered to be good the frequency dips off, to usually 6 months then annually.

Tests being NHS, private or home tests aren't exclusive, so you can mix and match to your own choosing.

Are you considering coming (back) to UK for any lebgth of time?

Reactions: Freema

Diabetesdave1

Thanks for that yes I will becoming back to the uk I was just a bit inquisitive to how I was doing up to
now,and seeing what difference living over here is going to make as I have two months and I didn’t want all my hard work going to waste

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that yes I will becoming back to the uk I was just a bit inquisitive to how I was doing up to
now,and seeing what difference living over here is going to make as I have two months and I didn’t want all my hard work going to waste

I'm a bit confused. Are you in Vietnam for 2 months, or are you coming to UK for 2 months?

If you are only coming back for 2 months, are you registered with a UK GP?