• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

HbA1c test results today


Great blood sugar levels, @Goonergal. Do you ever see a small rise if you have a large portion of protein?

I'm mostly in the mid fours myself lately, there are even some days when I stay below five all day. Today, alas, I saw a 6.4 after leaving the GP's practice -- stress seems to affect me more than food.
 
Do you see a small rise if you have a large portion of protein?

Not usually if I’m being strictly carnivore. It can happen if I’m adding carbs in the form of veg or nuts, but it usually shows up as a higher FBG. Today for instance over 3 meals I’ve had 151g protein and BG has barely moved - going down gently since an 0.3mmol rise after lunch, even after dinner.
 
Good point, I will be comparing the 2 different Assays Medichecks use shortly. One aligned with more local hospital (a higher reading) and the other was 3.5 mmol/L lower.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn More.…