HBA1c units confusion

Mr TEL

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.

Having moved to Norfolk from London, I'm being looked after by a different health authority, who are using the 'new' system of units for HBA1c measurement.

I've been T1 for 50 years and the only system I know has numbers like 6.7, 7.8 etc. Now I'm being presented with results of 46, 48 etc. I've read that there is a third system too. This means absolutely nothing to me and it's a bit late to be adopting a new system now!

So the question is, Is there a quick conversion tool or a table that I can download somewhere? I read that Diabetes UK have one but I can't see a link for it anywhere.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And here's a chart if you prefer that. :)

You can save it on your phone/computer, or you can simply do a quick google search on "mmol/l to %" whenever you need it. If you search on image quite a few of those charts will pop up.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-02-at-14.51.30-592x1024.png

Mr TEL

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

You can save it on your phone/computer, or you can simply do a quick google search on "mmol/l to %" whenever you need it. If you search on image quite a few of those charts will pop up.

Thank you! That's exactly what I was after.