HbA1c

• Thread starter Deleted member 371625
  • Start Date

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems travel insurance varies a lot with age as well as declared medical conditions. My wife and I have been abroad every year for the past 20 or so years. This year we are going to Cornwall. It will be my 70th birthday so I was allowed to choose. So, no travel insurance, airport parking, security checks, waiting in departures, boring flight, car hire etc. I hate air travel as I did too much of it for work before I retired. Of course if the weather lets us down, I will be over-ruled and we will be back to Spain or Italy next year even with over 70's travel insurance!

When we retired 10 years ago we stopped going abroad completely. Our passports have expired. We started a project to try and spend a week in each of the historical counties and larger islands in the country. So far we have managed about 35 but are now repeating. Neither of us miss all the hassle of foreign holidays. We have travelled to most of the places abroad that interest us, but there is nowhere quite like the UK for scenery, culture, history and so on. It never ceases to amaze us just how different most of these counties are and what they have to offer. Staying in self catering cottages up to 6 times a year gives us freedom - and we can take our dogs and as much luggage as we want. Just throw it in the car.

Reactions: Serena51 and Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I only go away in the winter usually. London is great in the spring/summer/autumn. I can always get a train or tube to the outskirts if I want a country walk. It's the grey and short days of winter that get me down and I need some sunshine and warmth, which means a long haul flight.
I had always planned to spend January and February abroad when I retired, and intend to carry on until I'm too old to do the travelling.

Reactions: sheepie123