HBA1C

snawaz

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi to all ,
My HBA1C is 6.50 I am trying to manage with exercise . but I heard , too much exercise is not good for heart health ? any one with sufficient knowledge who can help me to understand..?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diet is way more important than exercise in controlling T2 and pre-diabetes.
With an HbA1c of 6.5% (47.5 mmol/mol) you are very close to full T2 (anything over 48 mmmol/mol).

Cutting carbohydrate consumption to an absolute minimum will do more for your T2 and heart health than exercise in isolation.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Exercise is in my opinion a secondary modality for managing diabetes and health in general. I love exercise and do use this to top off my Ketovore dietary regime almost everyday. I have over trained in the past and pushed too much. Once a baseline of fitness has been built up, maybe by walking, I would recommend a split between resistance, short high intensity and flexibility.

It is not possible to out exercise a "bad" diet, as even athletes can and have developed pre and full diabetes. Diet is the key, I now see exercise as treating my body.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I heard , too much exercise is not good for heart health
This is not something I have heard but assume it is dependent upon type and variety of exercise as well as preparation and fitness. Do you have a source for this that I could read? I do a lot of exercise and always found it beneficial in many ways both physical and mental.

However, as I have Type 1 diabetes, the tools I use for managing y diabetes are different to yours so I will leave the type 2 oracles to provide their advice.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have a source for this that I could read?
I don’t have a document link, but having seen Dr Aseem Malhotra (cardiologist) mentioning it on Twitter, I’ve found this podcast where he discusses the topic:

Reactions: fredkwok