HBAC1 reduction LCHF

tristan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
just got my latest HBAC1 result in my review and it's plummeted from a high of 93. Down to 52,
To say I'm pleased doesn't cover it, all down to my Low Carb High Fat diet.

Problem now is my cholesterol has gone up from 4.2 to 5.8.

Need to work out my next plan, LC LF Maybe. Or certainly lower fat

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay! Brilliant results. I would be happy with the cholesterol level too. Did you get a breakdown of the cholesterol tests? The total cholesterol doesn't tell us anything really.

Have you lost weight too? Sometimes weight loss can cause a temporary rise in cholesterol.

tristan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have dropped from 128kg to 115kg, so maybe your right, we will see in 3 months how I'm getting on,

Hopefully if I feed more carefully with the fats I can get the best of both worlds

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The triglycerides/HDL ratio may be more meaningful compared to total cholesterol.

But if you are concern, reducing saturated fats is always an option.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Just had my latest A1c today, and got a 41. Also up was my cholesterol - to 5.1. As @kokhongw says I maybe need to look closer at the breakdown and ratio to give myself a more accurate figure.

The logical (to me) conclusion is that I need to cut back on the cream, butter and cheese. But isn't this what has been fuelling my days? Perhaps more exercise is a better option? Any thoughts anyone?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
just got my latest HBAC1 result in my review and it's plummeted from a high of 93. Down to 52,
To say I'm pleased doesn't cover it, all down to my Low Carb High Fat diet.

Problem now is my cholesterol has gone up from 4.2 to 5.8.

Need to work out my next plan, LC LF Maybe. Or certainly lower fat

Well done, that is an inspiring HbA1c drop. :)

As others above said, the total cholesterol is meaningless without the full breakdown. You need that before you decide on any future plans. I also say the same to @nomoredonuts